Saturday, August 15, 2015

Red Dragonfly by Kay Wyne - Sold


Red Dragonfly
Sold
32" x 32" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
I was looking through my portfolio today and ran across an image of a painting I really enjoyed painting.  It is sold, but there are several qualities that I like in this painting.  The color palette is vivid and bold.  The colors are not muddy.  The abstract quality is there, but you can still identify the subject.  I like how the dragonfly looks---fluttering or moving across the canvas.  I am working on a new palette knife painting in the studio, and would love to repeat some of these qualities, which is a challenge considering the subject matter.  (Not a beautifiul dragonfly.)  Thanks for looking at this blog...more painting in the studio today.  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...