Friday, August 21, 2015

"My Very Own Moonrise" by Karla Nolan, gallery wrapped oil painting


Well, it has been quite the summer, most unusual.  I'll spare you the details.  I have returned to painting finally and am writing my first blog since late May.  

A client contacted me a number of months ago to ask if I would paint a three foot by four foot moonrise painting.  I was astonished, as I have never painted such a large work, but gathered steam and enthusiasm and completed the chore at hand with great delight.  It was a wonderful experience stepping out of my comfort zone, as much of the painting was different hues and toes of grays.  I'm the color lady, normally!  Suffice it to say, I learned a lot!  I'll be posting a jpeg of that painting soon. (This is the first of the "Lunar Series" I'm showing.)

I was so happy with the result that my husband and I decided that we needed a moonrise painting, also.  It's been quite a while since I attempted anything for our own house, but here is the result.  I'm happy!  No, it's not for sale.  Sorry!  

"My Very Own Moonrise", 24"x36" gallery wrapped canvas oil painting, primarily palette knife

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...