Friday, May 15, 2015

FIELD STUDIES by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE TO BID
This is not for everybody but kindred spirits (artists) will relate to it. I was on location and had no more panels to use for painting, but this scene took my breath away and I simply HAD to record the essence of the moment. I began with a quick pencil sketch on a simple sheet of 8 ½ x 11 white paper. I especially wanted to note the flock of birds that took off across the scene as I was sketching it. Of course I couldn't stop there, so I quickly opened my paint box, grabbed a palette knife and did a rapid color study of the scene over a second pencil sketch. The color study measures approximately 5 inches wide and 3 inches high on the page. This is actually a little jewel and I believe the right person will treasure it. It's kind of a glimpse behind the scenes, like looking over my shoulder as I think out loud with pencils and paints. Enjoy!
Questions? Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...