Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy Birthday, Vincent

"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream." - Vincent Van Gogh, born March 30 1853

A cupcake oil painting done in the fauve impressionist impasto style of Vincent Van Gogh

A Cupcake for Vincent (2015)   $85 framed (3" gold plein air)
© 2015 Joan Terrell   Click here to purchase
An original 6" x 6" oil painting on museum-quality gessobord™ panel

March 30, 1853
Dear Vincent,
How I have missed you. I would have telephoned earlier, but the telephone won't be invented for 23 years and then there's that embarrassing ear thing we won't go into.

How I wish your brother, Theo, was able to sell your beautiful paintings. He is still an art dealer in Paris, right? His job is to sell art, right? And you are his beloved brother. Sometimes, my dear, I think he sends you art supplies just to shut you up, that slacker.

Nevertheless, my dear Vincent, I am sending you this cupcake for your birthday, but dearest, please remember that it is an oil painting so don't eat it. I fear that if you do eat the cupcake painting I am sending for your birthday, my darling V.G., the chemicals used in its creation could drive you mad.

Fondest regards,
Joan

A happy birthday and an homage to a great artist, Vincent Van Gogh. He never dreamed he would become this famous, after all, rumor has it that he only sold one painting during his lifetime. And his brother, Theo, was an art dealer in Paris, no less.

This cupcake has quite a history, click here to view previous posts about it. Be sure to scroll down and click Next or Previous to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...