Monday, October 20, 2014

abstract expressionist painting, contemporary art, daily painting, small abstract art, small oil painting,

I was feeling the need to get abstract again and wanted to experiment with some gold leaf I had in my bag of tricks.

Purchase here
SOLD

I have to say I had lots of fun with this piece.  I wanted to keep the colors fairly neutral....black, white, gray, rust.  I had a piece of watercolor paper that had already been treated with a rusting technique, so the plan was to let some of that background show through.  I also wanted to incorporate that gold leaf.  I worked with a palette knife to get plenty of texture.  All in all, I had a great time!  Kind of like making mud patties when you were six....that same feeling. :)





Help me out....Pin It!





www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...