Monday, August 18, 2014

"Going Paddle Boarding" and "Low Rider" Original Oil Palette Knife Paintings by Hallie Kohn Art

I must have looked quite foolish snapping photos of this awesome car and board while on the interstate. You'll be happy to know I was the passenger (not the driver!) moving from front seat into the back to get a shot. I liked this view as it seemed to have movement.

As an interesting side note, this is the first painting I've done (with the knives) where I haven't drawn or sketched the image onto the panel first. I often just jump right in while using the brushes, so I thought I'd see how it would go. Better than I thought--definitely looser! 

6x6 oil palette knife painting

























After painting the last blue car so loosely with the knife, I thought I'd try first drawing, then painting this car as I normally would. I like this painting, but it's not as exciting to me as the first one. The other was a photo I worked hard to capture of a moving vehicle with a story to tell, where this one was a photo of a parked car. Could be the colors, or the looseness of the previous painting...

I'm going to try and paint some more car images--I do love a cool car!

6x6 oil palette knife painting 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...