Thursday, July 17, 2014

Gone to Seed Lavender Field - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1513032

Gone to Seed - Lavender Field
by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


My new video






I'm still channeling that place that makes gelato! Gone to Seed Lavender Field is the newest daily effort in Flower Mound Studio. I spent a bit more time on this lavender tribute, and really enjoyed putting in the tiny little trees in the background, and the subtle temperature shifts between the pale greens and blues that defined background hillocks and ravines. I kept the foreground bold and chunky, and softened edges in the distance. I moved values closer to one another in the distance, and stretched the distance between juxtaposing values in the foreground to create impact and dynamic color in the focal area. And after all that hard work, I treated myself to a gelato! The perfect way to end a warm summer day in....Texas (did you think I was going to say Italy?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...