Sunday, July 13, 2014

English Garden Cottage - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1509854

English Garden Cottage
by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Panel


My new hydrangea video




English Garden Cottage was my class demonstration in North Texas today, and it was fun to paint one of the subjects I enjoy so much. Inspired by the cottage gardens of Coronado, California, I'll be inviting my students to join me to visit a few of my absolute favorite cottage gardens there during my August workshop coming up in San Diego.

I like to imagine little worlds in these cottage paintings, and undoubtedly there is a double kitchen window open out back, with a couple of fresh cherry pies cooling on the windowsill. There is bound to be a yellow house kitty napping on the front doorstep, and the door is always unlocked. The price of admission is just a bit of weeding in the garden, and the reward is a flower garden that never ends. Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...