Monday, April 21, 2014

"Abstract Art" Original Oil Palette Knife Painting by Hallie Kohn Art

For this latest piece, I was interested in creating something abstract. I used some brush in the beginning phases of this, but quickly decided that I preferred the palette knife marks I was making more. I also painted on canvas as opposed to panel as I normally do.

My focus was thick rich marks of beautiful colors. I see so many pieces that I love, and the common thread always appears to be the colors. I tried to keep this loose and interesting without getting lost in detail and had a great time doing it.

16x20 Oil Palette Knife Painting
www.halliekohnart.com




















knife work close up
juicy colors










No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...