Sunday, March 16, 2014

Earths Child Hydrangeas and a Dallas Arboretum Honor - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1416156

Earth's Children Hydrangeas
by Nancy Medina

Class Demonstration 
20X16
Oil on Archival Panel


Earth's Children Hydrangeas was one of my class demonstrations in Florida last week. I finally got all my boxes unpacked and now I'm re-packing for Lafayette, Louisiana next week. I was delighted to receive word that my painting, Ribbons in the Sky White Tulips was juried into the Dallas Arboretum Garden Gallery for 2014. Competition is fierce to be included in the show which helps launch the Dallas Blooms Festival - I had to rush to the framer this morning. After all these years, he has grown used to my outlandish requests and takes them all in stride. Framing wet paintings, custom framing multiple paintings in 24 hours for last minute show entries, he is utterly unflappable and always does a beautiful job. Something tells me the big box framers would laugh me out the door if I even dared to ask for such special handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...