Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Awa'awapuhi Trail, Kauai, Where Sky Meets Ocean" by Karla Nolan


I just recently rediscovered this artwork in my husband's office (aha!) and decided to post it here today because I finally realized that I was proud of how it turned out.  That could sound strange, I suppose, but sometimes when I attack the loaded palette knife to the panel, I'm not sure whether I will like the completed product.  That was the case here.  This was painted in 2009 after we had gone to Kauai and hiked the said trail in the title.  It was a form of torture both up and down that trail because it was tedious in both aspects.  Going down was dangerous, the fear of slipping and falling.  Returning to the top was agonizing because it was so steep and seemingly never ending.  Either way, here it is for you gaze upon, I hope you enjoy that incredible view!  Wow! 


"Awa'awapuhi Trail, Kauai, Where Sky Meets Ocean" 11"x14" unframed palette knife oil painting on gessoed panel, $300 includes s/h in continental U.S., click Paypal button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information, please go to http://KarlaNolan.blogspot.com/ for direct link to Paypal button, thanks

Thanks for viewing my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...