Saturday, January 25, 2014

Warmth on a Cold Day by Pamela Blaies

Warm Glow
18" x 14"
oil on linen

Painting light and air around these objects gave this whole composition a warm glow. I had an intentional purpose in exaggerating the light and reflections around the orange. I wanted to make sure the edges of the metal pitcher right up against the dark of the background drew the eye into the focal point, but didn't steal the focus. I love the drama it created of intense light. After I finished up the painting, I had to get out to run some errands and it was cold! Below freezing. I wanted to be back in my cozy studio in front of the "warm glow."  Hope you are all keeping warm!

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...