Friday, December 20, 2013

"Hill Country Textures" oil painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley

"Hill Country Textures" ©2013 Niki Gulley
8" x 10" textured oil painting

I painted these Texas bluebonnets at a plein air painting workshop I was leading in Fredericksburg, TX. I was attracted to the contrasting textures of the craggy rocks next to the soft bluebonnets and native grasses. Working with palette knife and a lot of oil paint, I set out to capture all of that dimension.

For more information on my Texas bluebonnet and wildflower paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

To see more of Gulley's textured landscape paintings please check out NikiGulley.com,


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...