Monday, December 23, 2013

CALIFORNIA SANTA CLAUS, PLEIN AIR 5x7 OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN

Merry Christmas from California.

I painted this a few years ago while sitting at an outdoor coffee shop in the warm California sun.

I spotted this gentleman at a nearby table and he reminded me of a California version of Santa Claus reviewing his list of who was naughty or nice.

I quickly grabbed my small paint box from the car and painted this on the spot. My wife sat opposite me and shielded me from his view; “Santa” was never aware that I was painting him.

The paint box I used for this is the same one shown in a YouTube video when I was caught painting someone else at that same coffee shop. Here’s a link to that video:

BTW – I still have a few wonderful paintings priced at Holiday Prices. ORIGINAL OIL PAINTINGS make wonderful gifts for the art lovers on your gift list. Or if you’re a new collector, this is a great way to start your personal art collection at entry level prices.

CLICK HERE FOR MY ETSY STORE:

CLICK HERE FOR MY EBAY PAINTINGS:

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...