Saturday, September 21, 2013

"Red Poppy Field in Aveyron (France)" by Karla Nolan


Springtime in France brings opportunities for me and my camera and potentially my paintings.  Whenever we drive the roads, I am on heightened alert, my antennae are up, seeking out the crimson fields, the coquelicot in full bloom.  Fortunately, we find them in May in France and in Italy.  Sometimes we drive in circles, looking for the best angles from which to photograph them so I can translate the flowers to paint upon returning home to Colorado.  This field was beautiful, in southwestern France, a hilly part of the land.  I reminisced when I used the palette knives, moving the oil painting around on the panel.  Ah, I love vacations! 

"Red Poppy Field in Aveyron (France)", 8"x10" unframed, $160 includes s/h in continental U.S., click Paypal button below

Thanks for looking at my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...