Thursday, September 26, 2013

"Last Year in Jerusalem" by Karla Nolan


Honestly, I waited a lifetime for this trip to Israel.  Oh, sure, it was an intimidating thought, going to the Middle East, the hotbed of the world.  I grew up hearing "next year in Jerusalem" at the High Holy Days, but I never really thought I'd get to visit that city.  What a dream!  My husband and I planned this trip long in advance, very thoroughly.  We were most likely the only couple in Israel without a GPS unit or a cell phone, having a firm belief in consulting paper maps, instead.  

This trip took place in May last year, so it was very warm but not yet the heat of summer.  The section of Jerusalem in which we stayed was a pedestrian area only, named "Yemin Moshe".  All of the old houses and paths were made of light beige, pink, white stones.  Great pride was taken in the gardening in this region and, of course, my very favorite plant of all time was crawling up the walls at every turn:  bougainvillea in a range of colors!  The skies were bright cerulean blue, it was a very calm and peaceful area just steps from the Jaffa Gate, where all the hustle and bustle occurred.  Sweet, small, feral cats roamed the pathways, they owned the terrain but stayed out of our way.  So much to see and experience.  An unforgettable and most wonderful adventure! 

"Last Year in Jerusalem", 7"x5" unframed palette knife oil painting on gesso board, $70 includes s/h in continental U.S., click Paypal button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information

Thanks for viewing my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...