Tuesday, July 23, 2013

MOUNTAIN SUNSET by Carol Schiff 4x6x1.25" daily oil painting

I am just home from a trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains, which inspired my painting for today.

Purchase here
$79 + 12 in USA

My goal was to reproduce the vibrant colors of the sunset with just a suggestion of mountain ridges.


I enjoy the thick application of paint and rough, unfinished texture in this piece.  It seems the more I paint, the more I move towards the abstract form.

This painting is a 4x6" on 1.5" gallery wrap canvas.

For those of you in and around Melbourne, FL, I am participating in an exhibition with my paint buddies, Pieces of Eight.  It will be at the King Center through the month of July.


Be sure to check it out on your next visit to the King Center.


www.CarolOnEdge.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...