Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 39, Drifting white clouds plein air oil landscape painting by BECKY JOY

cloudy sky painting 
© 2013 Becky Joy     Day 39, Clouds      oil    6 inches x 6 inches    $125.
Click here to purchase.

 Hi everyone,
I didn't paint yesterday. I had a family situation come up and went to my daughter's late on Thursday night. Yesterday I spent the whole day there. She has been having a difficult time lately. She has three children, has been going to school full time, 4 years and now starting her last year. This summer she has been going through a divorce which, like a lot of cases, hasn't been easy. She needed my help yesterday, so I put the paints and computer away and went over there to help. Everything is better, but we are all tired. My oldest grandson is off to football camp in CA now (his second year of varsity as a sophmore and a great kid). The next one, a young teenage girl has been off doing girl things with a friend, each staying overnight at each other's houses (and last night I took them to the movies). The youngest girl who will be in the third grade has just been playing with her neighborhood friend, back and forth to each others homes. All is well there and now all is well with my daughter. I cleaned, made dinner and took some pressure off of her for the day.

So, on to my painting today. I took it easy today, went out on my back patio and painted the passing clouds, a peaceful scene. I also gathered four paintings and frames that I will be shipping off to the Good Art Company Gallery in Fredericksburg, TX. That was the extent of my day and I don't think I'll be making up the painting I missed yesterday. In the scheme of things, big deal. I may have one or two less paintings.

Join me for an exciting experience in
TUSCANY, ITALY PAINTING WORKSHOP
June 7 - 14, 2014
Book before Aug 31 for a discount. Click here for details.

Have a good weekend and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Becky   Joy

How to Create Better Paintings
Using Foundational Concepts

$14.95. Click here for info


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...