Thursday, June 20, 2013

Little Bird Vase With Roses by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Little Bird Vase With Roses
by Nancy Medina

12X12
Textured Oil on Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas

Flower Painting Workshops


Little Bird Vase With Roses is the newest daily work in Flower Mound Studio. Studio Director AnnieBee and I have just returned from a visit with my Mother in East Texas. My Mother's time in hospice care is entering its seventh month, and over time she has grown weaker. Her memory is a bit worse, especially in the mornings, but usually by mid-day, she is as sharp as she was when I was a teenager, and I am grateful once again for her ability to be one step ahead of me at all times. Watching me in the kitchen peering into the fridge, she asks, "Are you looking for the cheese?" My Mother the poet, the crossword puzzle solver, the woman who always laughs at herself, anticipates my every move, even now. Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...