Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tarn Gorges oil painting by Marion Hedger

Tarn Gorges
Oil on Canvas panel
35x27 cm (14"x11")
Painted on an MDF panel,
mounted on an additional white painted panel to give a border.
Final dimension fit inside a standard frame.
Shipping costs to be added depending on location

I painted this, my first all knife painting from a very old photograph I found in the back of the drawer.

Here is a brief description of my progress:

I first drew in the large masses using a watercolour pencil and then blocked in the lights using warm colours and the darks using cool colours. I used a light yellow for the lightest part to make sure that this area would look nice and sunny. I then gradually added colour wet into wet, in an extra 3 to 4 layers. The first to make the colour look 'real', the second to break up the masses into 3 or 4 areas depending on the light, the third to refine the colour in the masses and the fourth layer for the refinement. I used only pure colour, mainly mixing it on the painting as I went along. I also worked to keep the shadows not too dark but just dark enough.
Take a look at my paintings on my website 
Contact me HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...