Monday, March 25, 2013

Three of a kind, pear still life painting by Marion Hedger

Three of a kind oil painting
Three pears still life palette knife painting
18x24cm (approx7"x10") oil on canvas panel

As a change from the landscapes and florals I have been painting lately, I wanted to paint some still lifes and practise my palette knife skills at the same time. These red pears sitting in the fruit bowl, just cried out to be painted. I used thick paint and had to resist the temptation to smooth everything down. I'll be interested in hearing your comments about this style.
Take a look at my paintings on my website 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...