Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Plein Air Painting in Venice with Niki Gulley


"Romantic Passage," Venice ©2013 Niki Gulley
12" x 9" • textured oil painting

We just got back from teaching our latest Painting and Photography Art Trek in Venice during Carnivalé and had the most amazing time! The weather was ideal our first day there, and we found our way to this quiet landing to paint a typical Venetian canal. I liked the way the sunlight reflected across the water's surface, and I really wanted to capture a gondola in that lit space, but since they move so quickly that was no easy task! Luckily around 11am, there was a steady stream of gondolas passing by our location. I found myself painting as quickly as I could while one came into my composition, and if I didn't capture it in time, fortunately another vessel would come into view shortly afterwards, and I was really pleased with the results.

If you'd like to join us on one of our upcoming Art Treks, please let me know. The final registration deadline of March 1st for our Tuscany and Cinque Terre/Lake Como, Italy workshops is quickly approaching!

Or, closer to home I'll be leading a Plein Air Painting Workshop sponsored through the Good Art Company gallery in Fredericksburg, TX, April 5-7, during Texas wildflower season.


ArtTreks
Tuscany, Italy - Sept. 6-14
Cinque Terre and Lake Como, Italy - Sept. 13-22
Plein Air Painting / Photography Workshop
Led by Niki Gulley and Scott Williams
Final Registration Deadline: March 1st
For more details, E-mail Niki Gulley or go to nikigulley.com/artreks.


Plein Air Painting in the Texas Hill Country
April 5-7, 2013

These workshops are filling up quickly, so we encourage you to register soon!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...