Saturday, February 9, 2013

Original oil painting Amalfi Italy by Karen Tarlton

Amalfi Coast Italy
24x30
Oil
Painted from one of my snapshots while hanging out the car window in Italy, near Villa Scarpariello, right on the Mediterranean ocean. I love to travel, and one of my favorite towns on the Amalfi coast is Ravello. Perched on the side of a hill and reaching down to the ocean, this wonderful place offers amazing ocean views. Extra thick, expressive palette knife work and brilliant, whimsical color make this work unique!
Can you tell I am longing to go back to Italy?
It's been to long. My husband can't take any time off work this year
but I'm hoping for another trip next year.
Although time away makes the heart grow fonder they say,
and I seem to recall vivid beauty and imagery from my previous trips still!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...