Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dallas Arboretum Blue Iris Path by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Dallas Arboretum Blue Iris Path
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Textured Palette Knife/Oil on Archival Panel


It was chilly but beautiful at the Dallas Arboretum last weekend. The hubby had been planning the trip for days to help me celebrate my birthday. I think he was disappointed there were not more flowers blooming yet, but I was so happy to be in the gardens snapping away photos I didn't mind a bit. I took a bit of artistic license with Blue Iris Path, adding thick applications of paint and extra purple flowers to create a pathway of irises that invites you to take a stroll, let go of your worries, and enjoy the gifts that are around us every day, if only we will choose to see them.

Sign up for more information here!


I'm super excited to announce I will be teaching again in Collierville-Memphis, Tennessee in the fall. Sign up for my art newsletter for details and information on how to save your spot! I cannot wait to paint with a room full of southern gals again, what an absolutely delightful way to spend a long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...