Friday, June 8, 2012

Son of Gregory Peck by Bob Read

This painting had its genesis as a result of a very sad event. Back in the 70s I was a journalist and anchored the news at KCOY-TV on the California Central Coast.  The station owner was Helen Pedoti, a longtime friend of the Peck family. When they were children, she often had their three boys Jonathan, Stephen, and Carey  to her ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley at summertime.  I had an opening for a reporter in our Santa Barbara office and Helen asked if I would hire Jon to fill that slot. Jon was a wonderful reporter; he had charisma, intellect, and was a talented newsman.  He was extremely handsome like his famous father.  We had a great year as friends and in our work. Sadly, Jon took his own life. In memory of that friendship, I painted his portrait and gave it to his brother Stephen.  This painting was unfortunately lost in a house fire some years later. I still have a photo though, in my website portrait gallery which I've attached here.  You can see my other paintings on my website at http://www.bobreadartist.com/.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see more of Bob Read's paintings. Where can they be seen?

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...