Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Birds and the Bees Original oil paintings by Karen Tarlton

Birds and Blooms
12x24
Oil
Bees and Blooms
12x12
Oil

I have a passion for flowers and when I lived in Virginia, California, Alabama and Florida, I had amazing, beautiful gardens full of local varieties of plants and flowers. I have to say I miss that living here in the desert, where water is rationed and the soil like concrete. In Vegas people grow very little or have rock and cactus gardens. I miss my flowers.....so I paint them!
I have to say, I still miss the scent of my lavender plants, the buzz of the bees and cutting my lovely roses and peonies fresh for a vase. ;)
I'm in the mood to paint some sunflowers next and maybe my favorite Hydrangea!
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
Albert Einstein

My Blog: http://www.karensfineart.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Karensfineart

Galleries: City Lights Gallery, Las Vegas, NV
The Arlington Arts Gallery, Arlington Virginia
Galerie Severn, New Orleans Louisiana
SAC's Gallery, Montgomery Alabama,

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...