Thursday, January 26, 2012

Scout's Honor- sold



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival panel

"On my honor I will do my best
to do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
to help other people at all times;
to keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight." - Scout Oath, Boy Scouts of America



This has been quite a fun challenge for me. It's given me some insights into my husband, a cousin, and my father's scouting days. A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent....goes the Scout Law.

This young fellow pictured is the grandson of one of my collectors. At thirteen, he is one of the youngest in his region to earn both Eagle Scout and God & Church Awards. He is a fine young man, and has quite a wonderful future ahead of him! I am thrilled to have the opportunity to paint him.

For more information about this painting, or how to commission a painting, contact me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...