Friday, January 20, 2012

"Golden Aura" new textured birch tree painting by Niki Gulley


"Golden Aura" ©2012 Niki Gulley
48" x 60" textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

Painted with extremely thick oil paint and palette knives so that this canvas is loaded with texture and bursting with color, flickering autumn leaves seem to almost dance in a gentle breeze. I wanted this scene to be filled with movement and energy, so I incorporated a lot of diagonal and curving shapes in the design to suggest that feeling. While combining short staccato strokes along with long sweeping passes with my palette knives also increase that sense of motion. I hope you, too, can feel the excitement of walking through the woods on a beautiful fall day, letting your cares slip away and your spirit being invigorated.

Email me for more information on this birch painting.

Or, visit my website at NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary oil paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...