Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First Blush by Deborah Harold

This is one of my favorites from the recent Leslie Saeta Palette knife class I took.
I must admit that I wasn't impressed with the photo when she gave us the assignment, but as the colors and values started to take shape I found it to be a really interesting and fun study!
She uses great tools to teach for example, a blurred photo to start, to focus just on the shape, paint shapes not things. We all know this but it is difficult not to get caught up in the thing you are painting.
When you just paint shapes and finally add the touches that make it the "thing" it is a great way to learn to be loose and not get caught up in the object.
8x8 palette knife 
Deborahharold.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...