Monday, November 7, 2011

Fast Painting Fun by Pamela Blaies

9" x 12"
Oil on unstretched canvas

I don't know why I had never thought of doing this before.  Just this past week, I've started doing 30 minute quick study paintings on unstretched canvas, which is really inexpensive.  I have found this so liberating.  Since I am only committing to 30 minutes, I can now paint each day, even busy ones.  Since the canvases don't take up any space and don't cost much, there is no stress for perfection - just pure painting fun!  I used to create a vision in my mind, collecting photos to make sure I had the fully developed idea in mind and then went directly to creating the final piece - a little pressure!  Now when I have an idea or inspiration for a painting, I can try it out on a study.  If I find a winner, I take more time to create the piece on a stretched canvas, with the prep-work already done.  Here is the first landscape study I did.  I had so much fun, I ended up doing 3 studies that day.

Would you like a free gift of postcards? 
 Click HERE to find out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...