Monday, November 14, 2011

Charlie's Chili Restaurant by Janet Bludau, Palette Knife Paintings


6" x 6"
Oil on Raymar Archival Board

This painting has been juried into the Randy Higbee 6" Squared show which starts on December 3rd.  It is my favorite local exhibition with artists all over the country represented.  The maximum number of pieces that will hang per artist on opening night is 3 and I have 2 selected.  I feel wonderful to have been chosen.
Framed in a beautiful floater frame this piece will have a price of $250 and hang in the show until December 23rd.  If it doesn't sell at the Higbee show it will then be able through my website:  http://janetbludau.fineartstudioonline.com/
Charlie's Chili is a local Newport Beach spot that serves up great chili omelets.  It opened in 1967 and is still going strong.  Not only does it serve up a great breakfast but it is open late at night.  Early on, in the beginning,  it was only open (I think) AFTER the local bars closed because the main cook worked at The Quiet Woman and could only work his shift at Charlie's after he closed at QW.
I remember driving with friends back in high school for almost an hour to get to Charlie's. This was before I lived 10 minutes away.  We thought their "Late night Chili" was the best!
Email me if any questions:  bludauart@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...