Monday, October 10, 2011

Hydrangea Container Garden Step by Step by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina

Hydrangea Container Garden in Progress

40X30
Palette Knife/Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Nancy Medina Web Site

One of the benefits of teaching a flower painting class is when the surviving studio models decide to hitch a ride home with the teacher. These blossoms are taking up residence in my studio after spending the day being painted at the Dallas Arboretum last weekend by my enthusiastic students. I started my class there on Saturday morning with two demos, one of sunflowers and white daisies, and the last one a 30 minute painting of two hydrangeas side by side, one blue, one purple.

In my studio last night, I decided I wanted to paint them all together in one large container garden painting, but I needed just the right size shelf for my setup. My still life stand was too high, my rolling work table was too low, but my desk was just right! Visit my art blog to see a few photos showing how the sausage is made, along with my painting in progress. I'll post the finished painting for you tonight, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...