Monday, October 24, 2011

Butterfly Garden at Norfolk Botanical Gardens by Roxanne Steed



12"x12" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

This is the second painting I did last Thursday during the 'Out & About Norfolk' plein air event. I had a quick burger lunch and went back to the Norfolk Botanical Garden since I still had several hours of daylight...and admission still paid for the day! I've spent so much time at these gardens over the years. It is quite a treat for me to return and see what's blooming through the seasons, and changes that have been made over the years.

I did find out on Saturday evening at the show reception, that I had been awarded 2nd Place- with a $750 Memorial Award for the "Japanese Garden" painting! I am so thrilled over this - my head is still swimming over it! The show organizer, Karen Kinser has worked so hard to build this show over the last five years! She has done an amazing job! There's some serious award money, a gorgeous venue along the river at Waterside in Norfolk for the reception, I can go on and on....I plan on submitting work for next year's show!!


For more information about this painting, please contact me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...