Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wave Study by Roxanne Steed



6"x8" oil on linen mounted on board

So, when I finished painting the marsh scene on Assateague beach, I turned around to face the Atlantic, and decided there was still enough time and energy left to do a quick wave study. Which of course made me realize that I'd like to get out there with a slightly bigger canvas and a whole morning to dedicate to the study of this! But even quick 'doodles' are valuable - watching & looking - observing the color changes as the waves break and roll up on the sand. What a beautiful morning it was last Saturday in Chincoteague & Assateague. I am definitely looking forward to my next trip back there!

Please contact me for more information about this little sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...