Monday, September 12, 2011

Practicing Piano by Pamela Blaies

Practicing Piano
24" x 30"
Oil on Canvas

I took a few piano lessons as a young girl, but barely learned how to read the notes. However, when I was a teenager, I was determined to learn a song and picked out one note at a time and memorized the chords of each hand in order. It was very painstaking, but I was able to learn 3 songs and was thrilled. My kids have never taken formal piano lessons, but they love when I teach them little songs out of a piano instruction book I purchased. Especially my Regan, who practices often. This piano is from my husband's parents and we keep it in our red formal living room. I took many artistic liberties with this painting. I added a fictional window for some light and interest and I don't think either of my girls still have any long white sleepdresses anymore. But I couldn't resist making this into a morning piano practice session.

I love to share stories and inspiration behind my paintings. Sign up to become a VIP Member and you will receive my free email newsletter twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...