Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Escalante Rocks Afternoon, by Kathryn Willis



I've just returned from a week of fabulous painting fun in southern Utah at the Esclante Plein Air Festival. This was my first time to participate in a plein air festival and first time to this area of Uta--and what a great way to start. The weather was beautiful, lots of enthusiastic artists and festival goers, and absolutely incredible landscape to paint.

Each artist had from Saturday until Thursday to complete up to 10 paintings in a three county area of southern Utah--encompassing such amazing places such as Bryce Canyon National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and the great little towns in this area.

The painting above was my entry in the "paintout" competition. Everyone painted at a single location from 9-5. I found a nice shady spot to paint in and completed a painting in the morning and one in the afternoon. I'll be posting some of my other paintings from the event during the next week.

Painting Available for Purchase

Sign up for my free monthly newsletter here.

For information about this painting and to view my work:

My website site: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com
My blog: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com/blog
email: kathy@kathrynwillisart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...