Friday, August 12, 2011

Outside the Tasting Room (Gouveia Winery) by Roxanne Steed



9"x12" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival board

“What is the definition of a good wine? It should start and end with a smile.”
-William Sokolin

Today I met up with several members of the CT Plein Air Painters Society to paint at the Gouveia Winery in Wallingford, CT. It sits atop a high hill with some incredible views. Before I left the house I had in mind painting some wonderful converging rows of grapevines. But there were several other things that caught my eye as well. This grouping of old oak barrels, vats, presses, along the rock wall as you enter the tasting room was hard to resist. The brilliant sky this morning really set off the white cupola and weather vane atop the roof line. I'm thinking this will be a wonderful place to go back to visit in the fall, as the expansive vista from the hilltop is incredible!

This painting is available to purchase directly from my DailyPainters.com gallery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...