Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bluff Mountain....Palette knife painting by Peg Whitacre

Bluff Mountain towers over much of the area around Pigeon Forge, TN and can be seen from many places.  I happen to be fortunate to live in one of those places and am able to view the mountain and the valley from my home some distance away.  I have photographed it many times and at different times of the year, but this early morning view has been one of my favorites.  This 12x16 canvas was entirely painted with a palette knife.  In this area of East Tennessee we get lots of fog and early morning mist.  Especially in the summer the mountains frequently do a disappearing act and until the atmosphere clears and the humidity drops our "views"  are interrupted.  But when they are "out there" they are very reassuring to look at.  I hope you enjoy this view.  The painting is available and I can be contacted at pwhitacre@att.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...