Friday, July 22, 2011

On Duty - Janet Bludau

8" x 8"
Oil on Board
Both Palette Knife & Brushwork
The Harbor Patrol boats are all "On Duty" in the summer months here in Newport Beach, California.  
There are so many boats of all types, paddle boards, kayaks, and even a ferry,  that it gets a bit crazy out on the bay - especially on the weekends. 
The photo that I painted this painting from was taken by me while riding the ferry one day.  I parked on Balboa Island and took the ferry across the bay to work my shift at the Southern California Plein Air Painters Association Gallery.  I have two paintings in the current show.  If you are familiar with the area, or will be visiting here, visit the gallery in the Fun Zone right by the merry go round!
Email me at:  janethod@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...