Friday, July 29, 2011

Azaleas in Bloom by Pamela Blaies

Azaleas in Bloom
22" x 28"
Oil on Canvas


I love colorful flowers, but there aren't many brightly colored options for a shade filled yard like mine. However, the few options available do include azaleas, which are gorgeous in the spring. Last fall we planted a bunch of bright pink azaleas in my front yard and they are still pretty small. The azaleas I painted in this painting are my dream of what they will look like in several years. Adding the steps on the path give this painting dimension and add a little mystery to what lies beyond.

I love to share stories and the inspiration behind my paintings. Sign up to become a VIP Member and you will receive my email newsletter twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...