Friday, March 25, 2011

Japanese Fish Vase by Roxanne Steed



6"x6" oil on archival panel

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

- Japanese Proverb


It's been a while since I've posted, I've been traveling again. I'm down in FL for an intense week of helping out my mom. So I haven't had much time for painting, or posting work, but I did finish this painting the morning before I caught my flight down here.

"Japanese Fish Vase" is a 6"x6" oil on archival panel that I've painted just for
"Daily Paintworks"- 'The Help Japan Challenge'. This painting is available at auction from their site, and I am donating the total proceeds to The Japanese Red Cross Society. Bidding for this painting starts at $100.

I've always loved pieces of blue and white Asian pottery and china in my home, and came across this unusual little vase last weekend in a wonderful little shop in Manhattan. It's small, roundish shape has a 'goldfish' swimming across the front of it, but it also has two raised faces coming out of opposite sides of the little vase. I knew right away when I brought it home, it would make a wonderful little painting for this challenge!

As of this writing, Daily Paintworks has raised $15,369 in just one week of selling paintings- going directly to help our neighbors in Japan. I challenge you to be a part of this aid as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...