Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Color Of White by Roxanne Steed






6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"The purpose of painting is to lift the veil of mystery into consciousness."
- Henry Hensche


I was so jazzed when the challenge was put out by the group of painters, "Daily Paintworks" for 'The Color Of White". Oh- my - gosh- white is like a celebration of color, because it reflects just about everything. Some of my favorite things are white objects in my garden, ie. picket fence, arbor, daisies, peonies, you get the idea. The colors of blooms as well as sunlight and shadow come out in these beautiful objects. This winter I've been painting a fair share of daisies, and just love that turn of color where they fall into shadow...such a simple flower, so much beauty.

I'll try to add a photo here and show you my studio set-up for small still-life paintings. It's a pretty simple rig. A shadow box (made out of a cut down cardboard carton, and various cloths- tablecloths, napkins, anything that might 'set the stage' for the latest characters in my tabletop 'event' as well as a clamp-on shop light to fully illuminate the little 'stage'.

You may purchase this directly from my blog!

For questions about this or any other work of mine, contact me here! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...