Monday, March 14, 2011

Bluebonnets & Texas Wildflowers painting by Niki Gulley

"Texas Treats IV" ©2011 Niki Gulley
12" x 12" oil painting on canvas

I painted these Texas bluebonnets & Indian Blanket with extremely thick oil paint and palette knives to achieve extreme texture so that the image comes to life and leaps off the canvas! In this wildflower painting series, I've painted the scene around the edges of the canvas on 1 1/2" deep stretcher bars so that the paintings can be hung without a frame for a unique sculptural effect.

To see companion pieces for "Texas Treats IV," visit NikiGulley.com /?page_id=229, or please stop by my booth at the Dallas Arboretum's Artscape art show this weekend (March 18-20), dallasarboretum.org/artscape/index.htm, where I will be exhibiting this bluebonnet painting along with several of my other new palette knife paintings.


E-mail Niki Gulley for more information or

To see more of my textured oil paintings, go to NikiGulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...