Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moonrise, Winter Beach Dune by Roxanne Steed



5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face."
- Victor Hugo


I took a walk this afternoon, down at the beach, it had warmed up to almost 32, the sun was shining and there was no wind!! It's not like the beach days of my childhood, but it's the best I can do for now. Frankly it felt pretty good to soak up the sunshine! All that vitamin D gives me a boost of energy! Another cure for a case of the "Januaries"! This painting is one of my "small gems" available directly from me, in my DailyPainters Gallery.

*****Upcoming shows - Here in CT: I'll be taking part in the Mystic Art Center's Members Exhibition which opened this past Friday, January 14th, runs through the 26th of February. Hope you get a chance to see this show right here on the banks of the Mystic River.

Also- I've juried in to the 19th Annual Associate Artist Exhibition at Lyme Art Association!! The show runs from January 14th - February 26th. The Opening Reception is Friday, January 21st, from 5-7pm. I am truly honored to be hanging in this historic venue with many of New England's finest artists!

Visit my website www.roxannesteed.com
or my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...