Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dueling Grannies by Roxanne Steed



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard


"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin to Pooh"
- A.A. Milne


Today I took up the challenge of my artist friend, Norma Wilson, of painting fruit. Following the pink & green kick I've been on...and the fact that I had a bag of Granny Smith apples in the fridge, the biggest part of the challenge was how to keep this simple, yet interesting! I really like setting up a strong light source for interesting shadow shapes...and the colors are always the most fascinating part to me!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email



Shoveled a good bit of snow on Tuesday. One of my friends suggested this for quicker snow removal! She suggested just cranking this up & backing out of the driveway would do it pretty quickly! hmm, it just might work! Don't know if I can get one hooked up on my van in time for the next storm though ;-) I do love my brilliant friends, I had the best belly laugh over this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...