Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Budding Romance by Roxanne Steed



"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."
- Amanda Cross

8"x6" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival board

The grocery store had these wonderful small phalaenopsis orchids this past weekend. They're also known as moth orchids, they do look a bit like little butterflies have alighted on the stem. I was looking specifically to paint something with green/& red or pink color complements, as I continue this exploration of color.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email




Aside from buying flowers, I did take a walk on the beach on Saturday, while it was still a 'relatively' warm 22 degrees. Found some pretty beach glass and enjoyed the soft squishiness of the sand, as the earth is frozen solid hard everywhere else past the water line. The last two days have been ridiculously cold 0-12 degree days! I've got to soak up any sunshine I possibly can, it does a world of good when the days are still so very short.


Please visit my website at: www.roxannesteed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...