Sunday, December 5, 2010

Still life with Hydrangeas - Original Painting by Nithya Swaminathan

I started this painting nearly a year ago, and it was lying unfinished for such a long time. Just got around to it. The set up is my own, with a couple of stalks of plastic hydrangeas that I picked up from IKEA. I liked the flowers and this vase too a lot and wanted to paint them. Set them up in the middle of some plums and pulled down my curtain to double up as a laced fabric :) 


Still life with Hydrangeas
12 by 16 inches, Acrylics on Canvas

I was not going after a realistic feel at all, as has been the case these days what with my knife taking over! How it turned out though is quite different from what I had visualized. I think this painting is much more loose in style compared to all my recent work. I kind of let it paint itself so to say. I like the end result, and I am glad I stopped it without ruining the painting. I was not at all happy with the painting when I decided to pause and take a WIP photo. When I saw the painting through the lens though, I felt it was much closer to completion than what I thought. It looked better through the lens than through my eyes :)  Then I decided not to mess any further and keep it as it was, flaws and all. 

Your comments are most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...