Sunday, November 7, 2010

Connecticut Gold Rush by Roxanne Steed



12"x16" oil on linen mounted on archival board

"Autumn carries more gold in its hand than all the other seasons."
- Jim Bishop


There is nothing like a back-lit tree in autumn...with the sun high in the sky, illuminating all those colorful leaves, making it appear as though they are aflame! A single corridor of strong sun light cuts through between the house and tree-line spot-lighting the golden leaves among the tree-top as well as those that have already fallen! At this time of year, long shadows spread far, reaching across field, lawn, and farmhouse lane. There is a crisp deep chill in the air, yet the sun is warm (thank goodness).

This is where I went to paint last Wednesday (before the rain rolled in on Thursday and Friday), down in the town of Chester, on Straits Road. My intentions for the day were to push myself and paint a little larger than I normally do for a morning of painting outdoors. I'm calling this one "Connecticut Gold Rush" and it's a 12"x16" oil on linen mounted on archival board. I'm hoping the leaves hold on for just a little longer, although it is getting cold out there....even in the sun-shine.

I'm currently working on a large floral, and am preparing sketches for 2 commissions I'm thrilled to get started on! It's going to be a great week! Please contact me for more information about this painting! roxannesteed@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...