Friday, November 5, 2010

"Autumn on Red Mountain" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting




Red Mountain is near Silverton, Durango, and Ouray -- the southwestern portion of the state of Colorado.  It is full of iron ore and other minerals and is, in my opinion, one of the prettiest sites in this fair state.  I have painted it several times and probably will never stop painting it, as I enjoy it so much.  This is primarily a palette knife oil painting, although there is just a bit of brushwork involved, also.  

"Autumn on Red Mountain", just sold to a gentleman in Canada -- contact me at the e-mail below if you would like to place an order for a similar painting (KarlaNolan@gmail.com)


I have also set up a second website, www.PaintingsOnGlass.com, to showcase my paintings on glass.  There is a piece in progress as I type with sailboats.  That's a true challenge, showing proper structure and making the water look good.  Be sure to check it out, along with my new blogspot, listed below.

Thanks for looking!
 

Look below for a link to yet another art blogspot, one that I created for my paintings on glass, or click here:  PaintingOntoGlass

MORE NEWS at KarlaNolanBlogspot

1 comment:

  1. Love this palette knife painting! I will never forget my trip to Durango and Ouray about twenty five years ago. That is where I fell in love with the Aspen Trees! I also love your work in the sky!

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...