Friday, October 15, 2010

Tulip Tears by Nancy Medina

Tulip Tears by Nancy Medina
11X14
Palette Knife/Oil on Linen Board
Available in My Daily Painters Gallery

Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Tulip Tears is a bit looser than my usual florals, and is a nod to my years as a watercolorist. I began my art career in Santa Barbara painting large florals in watercolor to pay for furnishings and those extra things that a single gal would otherwise go without on a very limited budget. I shared a home with four other girls, each of us pitching in for the cost of utilities and taking turns parking in the driveway. I always had just enough money to pay the rent and buy food, but not much more after that. There is no better place to be single and young, if you don't mind living on bologna and Ramen noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...